网院作业 发表于 2020-12-3 13:16:08

西南大学20年12月[0846]英语写作大作业答案

西南大学培训与继续教育学院课程考试试题卷学期:2020年秋季                                       
课程名称【编号】:英语写作【0846】                         A卷
考试类别:大作业                                    满分:100分

I. Read the following paragraphs and choose an adequate topic sentence for each of them. Write the number of your choices on the Answer Sheet. (10 points)
Paragraph 1
Everyone must work to live, but some people are fortunate enough to make more money than they immediately need. What should they do with this extra income? While it is tempting for people to spend it all on things they desire, I believe it is better to save at least a portion of the extra income for the future. By saving money, people give themselves more security. They cannot predict the future; perhaps one day they will be jobless. At a time like this their savings can spare them a great deal of suffering and help to see them through the hard time. In addition, saving money allows people to build up a larger sum. They can then buy something more worthwhile than the small things they can but if they spend the money right away. For example, they may be able to buy a house with their savings. Finally, the practice of saving helps people develop the habit of setting goals and planning for their future. In this way they are bound to lead more meaningful and successful lives.
Saving money is the only way to prepare for the insecure future.
Saving money is a virtue for both the poor and the rich.
Saving extra money brings great advantages.
Children should learn to develop the habits of saving money.
Paragraph 2
The world today is a very competitive (竞争激烈的) place. Therefore, it is necessary to develop some skills to increase one's chances of success. I believe that the most useful skill is the ability to communicate well with others. It is impossible to overstate (高估) the importance of good communication skills. In today's society we have to work cooperatively with others. A good communicator finds it easier to put forth his ideas clearly. In this way there will be fewer misunderstandings. In addition, a person with good communication skills is a good mediator (调解人). He or she can play a valuable role in improving cooperation. This means that a good communicator is often a natural leader. Finally, with good communication skills, it is easier to persuade others to accept your point of view. Having your views approved of by others is a vital step on the way to success.
A natural leader must be good-tempered.
Today’s society demands the useful skill of communication between people.
The secret to success in the competitive world is the skill of persuasion.
To win others’ cooperation always meets great challenge.
II. Read the following paragraphs to identify the sentence which is not related to its topic. Write the number of the unrelated sentences on the Answer Sheet. (10 points)
Paragraph 1
In this section, you will hear a passage three times. When the passage is read for the first time, you should listen carefully for its general idea. (1) When the passage is read for the second time, you are required to fill in the blanks numbered from s1 to s7 with the exact words you have just heard. (2) For blanks numbered from s8 to s10 you are required to fill in the missing information. (3) You can either use the exact words you have just heard or write down the main points in your own words. (4) Watch out for mistakes of punctuation since the uses are the primary indication of one’s linguistic competence. Finally, when the passage is read for the third time, you should check what you have written.
Paragraph 2
Every semester we have the opportunity to evaluate our instructors, to judge their lectures, their interest in students' problems, methods of assigning work, and general ability to conduct a class. It is very difficult to evaluate their performance objectively. (1) For example, Senta recently wrote irresponsible remarks about her instructor because she was failing to pass the course. Her friend Sam wrote a good description of the same instructor because he received an A in the course. (2) Both Senta and Sam were not fairly evaluating the instructor. They were affected by the grades they were earning and were biased in their judgments. (3) That’s why they feel so unhappy at school. Another irresponsible form of evaluation occurred when James rated his instructor excellent because the instructor is "easy", who gives few tests and only assigns one paper during the entire term. (4) On the other hand, James rated Professor Jones poor because he assigns text work daily, gives pre-test and post-test reviews, and packs his lectures with a lot of information.
III. Put the following group of sentences into correct order. Write the number of the reordered sentences on the Answer Sheet. (10 points)
There was one thing I found rather strange on my first day at Monk's House.
When Mr. Crane saw that I looked so surprised, he told me that Mrs. Crane always said the sentences out loud that she had written at night.
The bathroom was directly above the kitchen and when Mrs. Crane was bathing before breakfast, I could, through the thin floor, hear her whispering to herself, asking questions and giving herself the answers.
She wanted to know if they sounded right and the bath was a good place for trying them out.
There were pencils and paper beside her bed so that when she woke up she could work, and sometimes it seemed as if she had got very little sleep.
Every morning, when we carried the breakfast trays to Mrs. Crane's room I noticed that she had always been working during the night.
IV. Composition writing (70 points)
On QQ or WeChat, young people often give themselves very queer names like “你爱菜我爱肉” or “爆米花”. Use specific reasons and examples to explain why they prefer such unique names.
Write a composition of about 150 words to present your views.
无忧答案网,附件是答案,核对题目后下载QQ 761296021
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 西南大学20年12月[0846]英语写作大作业答案