open 发表于 2021-6-6 08:39:36

西南大学21年6月[0077]英译汉大作业题目

西南大学培训与继续教育学院课程考试试题卷学期:2021年春季                                       
课程名称【编号】:英译汉【0077】                           A卷
考试类别:大作业                                    满分:100分

(共需要完成3道题,其中下划线的2道题为必做题,另从选做题中选择1个做答。)
1. 请将以下段落翻译为汉语(30分)。(必做题)
Several times on his trips to China, which he made as a guest of the Chinese government, Bill’s birthday occurred while he was in Beijing. On these occasions he was given a dinner in his honor and Premier Zhou En-lai would attend. He remembered the first occasion:
At the hotel I always finished the meal with ice-cream and the girls there would laugh because I liked it so much. Zhou En-lai was at my birthday party and at the end he got up, went over to the counter and got an ice-cream and he put it down in front of me – this is the Prime Minister you know! He said “This is for you.” I said “I didn’t know you could speak English.” He laughed and he said “a little bit” measuring with his finger and thumb. Sometimes when we were alone then he’d speak to me in English.2. 请将以下段落翻译为汉语(40分)。(必做题)
Psychologically there are two dangers to be guarded against in old age. One of these is undue absorption in the past. it does not do to live in memories, in regrets for the good old days, or in sadness about friends who are dead. One’s thoughts must be directed to the future, and to things about which there is something to be done. This is not always easy; one’s own past is a gradually increasing weight. It is easy to think to oneself that one’s emotions used to be more vivid than they are, and one’s mind more keen. If this is true it should be forgotten, and if it is forgotten it will probably not be true.
The other thing to be avoided is clinging to youth in the hope of sucking vigour from its vitality. When your children are grown up they want to live their own lives, and if you continue to be as interested in them as you were when they were young, you are likely to become a burden to them, unless they are unusually callous. I do not mean that one should be without interest in them, but one’s interest should be contemplative, if possible, philanthropic, but not unduly emotional. Animals become indifferent to their young as soon as their young can look after themselves, but human beings, owing to the length of infancy, find this difficult. 3. 请将以下段落翻译为汉语(30分)。(选做题)
When I was a boy growing up in New York in the 1960s, we had a milkman delivering milk to our doorstep. His name was Mr. White. He wore a white cap and drove a white truck. As a five-year-old boy, I couldn’t take my eyes off the coins in his pocket. He noticed this one day during the delivering of milk and gave me a coin as a small gift.
Of course, he delivered more than milk. There was cheese, eggs and so on. If we needed to change our order, my mother would write a note—“Please add a bottle of buttermilk next day”—and placed it in the box along with the empty bottles. And then, the buttermilk would come.4. 请将以下段落翻译为汉语(30分)。(选做题)
Do you feel that your home is a safe place and that danger lies only in the outside world? Would danger lie only in the outside world? Would you be surprised to learn that your “safe place” could be a very dangerous place? The truth is that accidents at home result in more injuries than motor vehicle and workplace accidents put together. Serious injuries and even death can be caused by accidental falls, fires, burns, poisonings, and electrical hazards.
Falls are the number one cause of accidental deaths in the home every year and the main reason for accidental deaths of the elderly. They are mostly due to slippery surfaces or loose rugs. Fires, often caused by cigarette smoking, are more dangerous for the smoke and poisonous gases they create than for the actual flames.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 西南大学21年6月[0077]英译汉大作业题目