作业辅导 发表于 2021-10-2 08:53:37

21秋西南大学0077 英译汉在线作业答案

0077 英译汉
1.[问答题] She was annoyed by the persistent ringing of the phone.

A.
2.[问答题] Bill was given a chair and asked to wait a little as darkness came on, then suddenly the whole bridge was outlined in lights.
    A.
3.[问答题] When I was a boy growing up in New York in the 1960s, we had a milkman delivering milk to our doorstep. His name was Mr. White. He wore a white cap and drove a white truck. As a five-year-old boy, I couldn’t take my eyes off the coins in his pocket. He noticed this one day during the delivering of milk and gave me a coin as a small gift.
Of course, he delivered more than milk. There was cheese, eggs and so on. If we needed to change our order, my mother would write a note—“Please add a bottle of buttermilk next day”—and placed it in the box along with the empty bottles. And then, the buttermilk would come.
    A.
4.[问答题] Several times on his trips to China, which he made as a guest of the Chinese government, Bill’s birthday occurred while he was in Beijing. On these occasions he was given a dinner in his honor and Premier Zhou En-lai would attend. He remembered the first occasion:
At the hotel I always finished the meal with ice-cream and the girls there would laugh because I liked it so much. Zhou En-lai was at my birthday party and at the end he got up, went over to the counter and got an ice-cream and he put it down in front of me – this is the Prime Minister you know! He said “This is for you.” I said “I didn’t know you could speak English.” He laughed and he said “a little bit” measuring with his finger and thumb. Sometimes when we were alone then he’d speak to me in English.
    A.
5.[问答题] Since economic reform began in 1978,an average growth rate of almost 10% a year has seen China"s GNP nearly quadruple.
    A.
6.[问答题] Each day we make choices that affect our lives and, sometimes, the lives of others. Last year, on a simple Sunday, three days after Valentine"s Day, after many consecutive days of steady downpour, the sun came out. Earl and I decided to walk our dog. Somehow our path took us toward the park, across the footbridge high above the rolling waters of the Los Angeles River. It is like a dream to me now, floating through my mind in slow motion. Many children were playing close to the water, and we were stunned by their ignorance and daring. Two little boys in particular caught our attention. They were riding their bikes up and down the far bank of the river, taunting the water, obviously fascinated by its power and its draw.
    A.
7.[问答题] As a private American citizen I recognize that many of the bur¬dens and opportunities of our relationship have now passed to the non-governmental sectors of our two societies: to individuals, our corporations, universities, research institutes, foundations, and so on. There is no doubt that Sino-American relations have reached a new stage. In this context, it is important for our two societies to search for areas of cooperation which clearly add to our mutual benefit.

A.
8.[问答题] To learn with success is not a difficult task if some fundamental principles are observed. Among these principles are diligence, devotion, constancy and punctuality.
All things can be conquered by diligence. It makes the foolish wise, the poor rich, and humble noble. On learning it produces a wonderful effect. A diligent fool will accomplish more than a lazy wit. None can prove the function of diligence better than Benjamin Franklin, the greatest American statesman and philosopher.
Devotion means to set our heart on one thing at a time. Never think of learning another subject while you are studying one thing. Those who often change their studies will never succeed in the long run. In order to learn successfully, we have to devote ourselves to the study of one subject at a time.
    A.
9.[问答题] By 1820, it was standard to bring workers into a factory and have them overseen.
    A.
10.[问答题] a man of letters
    A.
11.[问答题] The forty years, from 1840-1880, brought almost ten million migrants to America.
    A.
12.[问答题] Often property damage and disrupted lives result.
    A.
13.[问答题] We talked of our plans to wed and start a family, once we were settled in Los Angeles, and we listened to the rain.
    A.
14.[问答题] It is no use telling grown-up children not to make mistakes,both because they will not believe you,and because mistakes are an essential part of education.
    A.
15.[问答题] The devastating floods and droughts that imposed a recurrent tax of suffering on the farmers no longer occur.   Egyptian agriculture has been transformed,and industry is benefiting from power generated by the dam.
    A.
16.[问答题] He is the last person I want to see in the world.
    A.
17.[问答题] Historically, balancing both economic goals is difficult. The guns part of the equation increasingly weighs on the US economy, considering that the war in Iraq and other missions in Afghanistan and Africa cost between $ 3 billion and $ 5 billion a day. In August, the Congressional Budget Office estimated that as of June 2007 up to $ 500 billion has been spent on combat operations in Iraq.
The butter side of the economy also has challenges, including a massive buildup in household debt, a lack of prudent fiscal policies in Washington and a housing meltdown. The consumer relied on home equity and low mortgage rates—assured by foreign purchase of US debt―to finance their ongoing shopping binge. The purchase of a cornucopia of goods, many imported, drove America’s household savings into negative territory.

A.
18.[问答题] The many colors of a rainbow range from red on the outside to violet on the inside.
    A.
19.[问答题] A current search of the files indicates that the letter is no longer in this Bureau’s possession. It is noted that the letter was received two months ago, and after study, returned to your office. It is regretted that your office has no record of its receipt. If the letter is found, it would be appreciated if this Bureau was notified at once.
    A.
20.[问答题] Egypt’s very soil was born in the Nile’s annual flood; with the flood came the life-giving mud that made Egypt the granary of ancient world. And as rain fell in the Ethiopian highlands and the snows melted in the Mountain of the Moon, the river was everlastingly renewed.
    A.
21.[问答题] No moment was sweeter for the Americans than the last instant in the 4-3 hockey victory over the Soviets.
    A.
22.[问答题] The ceremony was abbreviated by rain.
    A.
23.[问答题] Yet there was a bigger movement in the air by l750.
8. In is no use telling grown-up children not to make mistakes,both because they will not believe you,and because mistakes are an essential part of education.
    A.
24.[问答题] I felt approaching footsteps. I stretched out my hand as I supposed to my mother.
    A.
25.[问答题] I believe Chinese economic authorities recognize the problem and the next Five-Year Plan will address it effectively.
    A.
26.[问答题] Soil, water, sun—we can grow everything.
    A.
27.[问答题] Anger and bitterness had preyed upon me continually for weeks and a deep languor had succeeded this passionate struggle.
    A.
28.[问答题] low-spirited
    A.
29.[问答题] Scarcely less important than machinery in the agricultural revolution was science.
    A.
30.[问答题] the gold rush
    A.   
31.[问答题] It may seem strange to put into the same packet an industrial revolution and two political revolutions. But the fact is that they were all social revolutions
    A.
32.[问答题] national census
    A.
33.[问答题] arbitration agency
    A.
34.[问答题] What this means is that Britain has direct experience of the benefits that international trade and investment generate.
    A.
35.[问答题] “Truly Allah has blessed us,” Ahmed exclaimed piously. “Soil, water, sun – we can grow anything!”
    A.
36.[问答题] The delta and the narrow Nile Valley to the south make up only 3 percent of Egypt’s land but are home to 96 percent of her population.
    A.
37.[问答题] The Industrial Revolution is a long train of changes starting about 1760.
    A.
38.[问答题] The grammar schools legally could only teach the classical subjects for which they had been founded.
    A.
39.[问答题] It was not simply a source of power, it was a new wave of movement.
    A.
40.[问答题] As he talked Chou En-lai stood facing him, his head a little to one side as was his habit, listening intently until the story was told, and then questioning him.
    A.
41.[问答题] Chu Teh remembered his age. He was thirty-six, his youth had passed like a screaming eagle, leaving him old and disillusioned.
    A.
42.[问答题] Cambridge University
    A.
43.[问答题] Industrial Revolution
    A.
44.[问答题] Prime Minister
    A.
45.[问答题] a great shame
    A.
46.[问答题] commercial and financial ties
    A.
47.[问答题] Because the young man frequently came to the lady's house, he was regarded as the mistress's lover.
    A.
48.[问答题] Two things are outstanding in the creation of the English system of canals, and they characterize all the Industrial Revolution.
    A.
49.[问答题] Brindley’s improvements were practical: to sharpen and step up the performance of the water wheel as a machine.
    A.
50.[问答题] She had such a kindly, smiling, tender, gentle, generous heart of her own.
    A.
51.[问答题] Gases differ from solids in that the former have greater compressibility than the latter.
    A.
52.[问答题] Rockets have found application for the exploration of the universe.
    A.
53.[问答题] These things had been manufactured in villages which were growing into towns now, away from London.
    A.
54.[问答题] It has been noted with concern that the stock of books in the library has been declined alarmingly. Students are asked to remind themselves of the rules for the borrowing and return of books, and to bear in mind the needs of other students. Penalties for overdue books will in the future be strictly enforced.
    A.
55.[问答题] World War ll was more complex than World War I,which was a collision among the imperialist powers over the spoils of market,resources and territories.
    A.
56.[问答题] A truly extraordinary variety of alternatives to the chemical control of insects is available.
    A.
57.[问答题] Presently he was met by an elderly parson astride on a gray mare, who, as he rode, hummed a wandering tune.
    A.
58.[问答题] regional autonomy
    A.
59.[问答题] Tombs and temples of ancient Egypt follow the Nile well into Sudan.
    A.
60.[问答题] sustainable development
    A.

页: [1]
查看完整版本: 21秋西南大学0077 英译汉在线作业答案